!!FORT LANGLEY VETERINARY CLINIC and COVID-19!!
Temporary Reduced Clinic Hours (click here)
BC VETERINARIANS HAVE BEEN DECLARED AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE! (as of March 26th, 2020)
"businesses that provide for the health and welfare of animals, including veterinarians, farms, boarding kennels, stables, animal shelters, zoos, aquariums, research facilities and other service providers."
We are here for you during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are doing everything possible to help our patients and clients in the safest ways possible.
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- Cleaning: We are disinfecting surfaces like door handles and counters more diligently than ever.
- Distance: We are practicing SOCIAL DISTANCING between people and patients as much as possible as recommended by the World Health Organization and the Government of Canada and the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association.
- The recommended distance between individuals is 2 meters.
- Appointments: We are spacing appointments out to decrease the number of people and patients in the clinic at one time.
- Hand sanitizer: We have hand sanitizer and wipes available for clients to use in the clinic.
- Staff care: We have one veterinarian and 3-4 staff members in the clinic at any given time, and are doing our best to ensure our staff members are healthy.
- Keeping informed: We are trying our best to stay informed about the current COVID-19 situation, especially with regards to animals so that we can continue to help you and your pets.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- CALL US at 604-888-4142 BEFORE COMING to the clinic
- Appointments: At this time, we ask that you CALL us to book appointments so that we can better implement SOCIAL DISTANCING and space-out appointments.
- Prescriptions/Products: We can prepare prescription refills and set aside food/products before you come to the clinic. This helps decrease everyone’s possible risk of exposure.
- Distance: Please maintain DISTANCE from ALL PEOPLE & PETS inside and near the clinic. Please keep a distance of 2 meters from all clients and their pets.
- Limited people: We are limiting the number of individuals in the clinic
- Surfaces: Please AVOID TOUCHING as many surfaces as possible inside and outside the clinic. We are asking people to use the TAP function on our point of sale device as much as possible.
- Communication: Please let us know VIA PHONE if you have a cough or flu-like symptoms, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or have traveled anywhere outside of Canada within the past 14 days. We have protocols in place to help you and your pet in these uncertain times.
*****Please refer to the links below regarding COVID-19 so that we can all work together to reduce the risks*****
INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 (coronavirus)
COVID-19 FAQ for Pet Owners
Canadian Veterinary Medical Association - COVID-19 and Animals in Canada (March 17, 2020)