We are here for you during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are doing everything possible to help our patients and clients in the safest ways possible.
What We Are Doing
- Cleaning: We are disinfecting surfaces like door handles and counters more diligently than ever.
- Distance: We are practising PHYSICAL DISTANCING between people and patients as much as possible as recommended by the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada and the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association.
- The recommended physical distance between people at this time is 2 meters.
- Appointments: We are spacing appointments out to decrease the number of people and patients in the clinic at one time.
- Hand sanitizer: We have hand sanitizer and wipes available for clients to use in the clinic.
- Staff care: We have one veterinarian and 3-4 staff members in the clinic at any given time, and are doing our best to ensure our staff members are healthy.
- Masks: Our staff wear masks when in exam rooms with clients and patients, and in all areas of the clinic when physical distancing is difficult.
- Keeping informed: We are trying our best to stay informed about the current COVID-19 situation so that we can continue to help you and your pets, while maintaining a safe environment for our clients and staff.
What You Can Do
- Appointments: At this time, we ask that you CALL us to book appointments so that we can better implement PHYSICAL DISTANCING and space-out appointments.
- Prescriptions/Products: We can prepare prescription refills and set aside food/products before you come to the clinic. This helps decrease everyone’s possible risk of exposure.
- Distance: Please maintain distance from all clients and their pets inside and near the clinic.
- Limited occupancy: We are limiting the number of clients in the clinic to 2 in the waiting area, and 1-2 clients in the exam room with Dr. Mackenzie.
- Masks: Masks are now mandatory in all areas and at all times inside the clinic as per the Public Health Officer's orders (Mask requirements in public indoor settings) .
- Surfaces: Please avoid touching as many surfaces as possible inside and outside the clinic. We are asking people to use the TAP function on our point of sale device as much as possible.
- Communication: Please let us know VIA PHONE if you have a cough or flu-like symptoms, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or have traveled outside of Canada within the past 14 days. We have protocols in place to help you and your pet in these uncertain times.
*Please refer to the links below so that we can all work together to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19*
Information About COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
COVID-19 FAQ for Pet Owners
Canadian Veterinary Medical Association - COVID-19 and Animals in Canada (March 17, 2020)
World Health Organization - COVID-19 updates
World Health Organization - Q&A on coronaviruses
Government of Canada - Social Distancing
Government of Canada - Responding to COVID-19